Friday, January 28, 2022

28 JAN 2022 PAO

 Journals. Diaries. Logbooks. Blogs Vlogs and YouTube channels. My oh my, but there are lots of ways to track a trip. This may not be the latest and greatest - nor latest OR greatest - but it's already in play so, here we go. 

Training today was treadmill at 3.5mph for 1+15, no incline, 12.5# pack and 3# hand weights (6# total for 18.5# total additional weight). Distance was 4.21 miles.

Entertainment was watching all 3 parts of We Walked Wainwright's Coast to Coast Walk in 10 days; a cute Scottish couple walk from St Bees to Robinshood Bay. Each part was 25 minutes, so just about perfect. 

I swapped the insoles on my Merrell Moab 2 Waterproof Mid walking boots from factory to Dr Scholls yesterday and immediately felt cramped. After yesterday's walk of same length and speed my right foot hurt on top and my left thigh just above the knee and to the inside of the leg felt bruised and very sensitive - tingling unpleasantly at the slightest touch. So today I swapped back to factory insoles, noted the increased room in the toe box, and while the thigh is still bruised sore it is not electrified and the while process feels much better. This is the same leg that I think wound up with sciatic injury after the 100 Mile Wilderness walk in Maine last year, so I want to have a care with it. 

Thought that since the Lake District to the west side of Great Britain is the prettiest and hilliest half of the walk, that if one were to just go and do the C-to-C, or with minimal training, one could walk oneself into shape a bit walking East to West (counter flow) with 6 days of 'boring' moor walking. Settling pack, getting into 8 + hour days of walking, like that. 

I wonder if son John, when he finishes his degree next year, would be interested in spending a couple or three weeks in England with his old man. 

Did I just call myself old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home